15 January 2013

The Schedule

I thought I'd put the egg freezing schedule here for two reasons.  First, so I don't have to keep looking up the email, and also because I found it very difficult to find a clear "schedule" of the process when I was looking up egg freezing and IVF.  I'm sure it's actually all over the place, but one more can't hurt.

  • On the 19th day after the first day of your period, you start taking Norethisterone (5mg) twice a day for 8 days. For me, this starts on the 29th of January.
  • On the 8th day (last day of the Norethisterone) you come in for a scan to assess the ovaries.  If the ovaries are okay (or in my case, ovary), you are given your stimulation medication to start on day 2 of your period. For me, this is the 5th of February.
  • Your period should start 2-5 days after finishing the Norethisterone.
  • Start stimulation injections on day 2 of your period.  Day one is considered the day of a full-flow period that starts before noon.  If your period starts after noon, then the following day is considered day one. For me, this is around the 10th of February.
  • On day 4 of your injections, you start with an additional daily injection of Cetrotide. For me, this is around the 13th of February.
  • 4-7 days after the start of Gonal F/Merional and as needed until follicles reach the correct size- takes approximately 3 scans.
  • The trigger shot (hCG Ovitrelle) is done at exactly 37 hours prior to egg collection.
  • Egg collection! For me around the 22nd of February, if everything else goes to plan!
And that's it for egg freezing.  If you are continuing on with IVF there are other steps and stages for embryo transfer.  But for egg freezing, that's where the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment